Good morning Year 5!
I hope you have had a lovely weekend with your families. Please keep working through your work packs this week and going online to test out your Times Tables or do some activities on Purple Mash! I’ll be checking your online accounts and seeing how you’re doing!
On Friday, we will be looking to announce our 5-star of the week during a live assembly at 10am.
Here are a few bonus challenges to keep you occupied:
- Keep yourself fit and healthy by joining Mrs Weatherall and Archie for Wake Up Shake Up at five-to-nine and then join @thebodycoach Joe at nine o’clock for his daily workout!
- Have a look through your spelling lists in your work pack – go through and circle the ones that you find tricky. Every day this week, pick 10 words to focus on. Can you write a paragraph about what you’ve done each day and include these words? Get somebody to test you on them!
- We started to draft our Raven drawings at the start of the term. I have posted the picture below. Draw a picture of the raven and ask somebody at home for some feedback – how could you improve? Can they give you one area to focus on? (for example, the wings or the beak). Then try to improve on it with a new draft. Take a picture of your first and second drafts and upload it to our twitter feed - @Riverside_Pri with the hashtag #AlwaysARiversider so we can see your amazing art!
Keep checking back on our pages for more exciting challenges and updates.
Work hard and stay safe! xx
- You took your work packs home last week. There's lots of different things in there... there's some English comprehensions (remember, full sentence answers!), there's spellings and handwriting, lots of Maths activities and some History work too! Work through it in any order you like, but take your time and give it your best - as you always do!
- Read, read, read! You can never read too much. Read the Accelerated Read books you took home, or read some of your own books too. Read to somebody else or have somebody read to you! You can still test at home too: Renaissance Place
- Be a Times Tables Rockstar! You've got your log ins for this. Get testing at home and when you come back to school, you can blow Mr Walsh and I's socks off with your incredible work! I wonder if anyone will manage to knock Oscar off the top spot...? Times Table Rockstars (school postcode: CH44 6QW)
- Be KIND! This is our new class motto, remember: if you can't be kind, be quiet. This counts for anywhere you are - in school, out with your friends, at home! Be kind, show everyone at home that you can be a kindness hero - help out around the house when needed or with your siblings. I can't wait to hear about what kind things you get up to, I'll have the stickers ready!