It's half term this week so I will not be setting any new challenges, but I would like you to use this time to play, relax and enjoy the nice weather we are hopefully going to get.
Don't forget to log on to the website on the 1st June 2020 for some new challenges.
Look after yourselves, take care and remember to stay at home and stay safe.
I miss you lots.
Love and hugs Mrs Marsden
18th May 2020
IMPORTANT - Please log on to the Year 3 webpage for full details of this week's challenges.
If you cannot remember your passwords please email me and I will send them to you. email@example.com
Well done everyone for your hard work this week I've had some great work come in from the writing challenge and some excellent Mathletics challenges completed. Special mention to some children that are on my 5 star wall this week:
Paige, Michael, Erin, Oscar, George and Amelia S
Erin and Amelia S, you earned a Bronze Certificate this week for racking up well over 2000 points each from your tasks. Well Done! Amelia is the current leader on 3590 points. Let's see if someone can beat her this week!
Challenge 1: Spellings
This week’s spelling pattern we are learning is the suffix -tion which emphasises the state or quality of something. Copy these spellings out twice each day then go to 2dos on purple mash to do the quiz on Friday.
Action, mention, position, solution, fiction, option, caution, relation, introduction, construction
- The Engaging Adverbs Game ( pg 12)
- The Drop in Game ( pg 13)
- Planning some new information about what trolls like (pg 14 – 15)The link below will take you to a home learning booklet, write your answers on a piece of paper and upload a picture of your answers to the email part of the year 3 webpage.
Challenge 3: Maths
- See the Year 3 webpage for new Maths activities on fractions!
- Mathletics -Well done to those who logged on and completed challenges on Mathletics. Can you complete 10 more challenges?
- TTRockstars battle- Boys won last week Charles you were top scorer well done! Erin and Amelia S you were amazing but unfortunately, only 2 girls logged on!
Challenge 4: Cracking Comprehension -correct usernames!!
Well done Jack, Erin George and Michael for completing these. Please can we see some more people logging this week. Please read the questions carefully and go back to the text again if you are not sure.
Can you do 3 reading challenges?
Fiction: Strong Magic (last week) or Wind in the Willows
Non Fiction: How Is Chocolate Made (last week) or The Water Cycle
Poetry: The Magnificent Bull (last week) orHollyhock
Username: firstnamesecondname (for example : finleymarsden)
School code - 379896
Challenge 5: Purple Mash challenges
Log on to the Purple Mash Website go to 2Dos. Including this week’s spelling test on the suffix -tion.
- Ask your parents if you can call a friend that you haven’t spoken to for a while
- Tell a family member how much you love and appreciate them
- Make a drink for someone you live with
- Arrange to have a virtual catch up with someone you know
- Help with a household chore at home
- Arrange to watch a film at the same time as a friend and video call
- Tell someone you know that you are proud of them
- Tell someone you know why you are thankful for them
- Send a motivational text to a friend who is struggling
- Send someone you know a joke to cheer them up
- Send someone you know a picture of a cute animal
- Spend time playing with your pet
- Reach out to a friend, family member or neighbour who is experiencing loneliness or self-isolation
- Donate to a charity
- Give someone a hug without a reason
- Offer to skill share with a friend via video call - you could teach guitar, dance etc.
- Offer support to your neighbours